Amethyst Meaning, Healing Properties, and Health Benefits. Amethyst is a violet variety of stones used in jewelry; the name amethyst comes from Koine. It has trigonal crystal system. Amethyst is a Greek word amethystos, meaning not to be drunk. It has powers to help with physical and emotional issues and also balancing the crown chakra. It alleviates sadness and grief.
According to Greeks Amethyst was a young virgin who became the object of the wrath of the Greek God. It is a Greek word meaning to be sober. Crystalline quartz in shades of purple, or mauve is known as amethyst it also refers to instill a sober mind. Amethyst protect from poisonous effects. It has another meaning without drunkness.
It is also known as a Bishop’s stone because it is the perfect stone to symbolize the ages of Aquarius. Amethyst helps to overcome fears and relieve headaches. It has been thought to be an excellent remedial for many ailments. Amethysts are also used for natural healing and also produces a peaceful sleep. The stone was believed to control evil thoughts, quicken intelligence and preserve soldiers from battle wounds.
Where is it Found?
The best varieties of amethyst found in Siberia, Sri Lanka, Brazil and countries of East. It is a purple quartz first discovered in Europe in 3000 BC where many other superstitious beliefs formed. Greeks believed it to be able to get rid of intoxication, which moved into amethyst meaning not drunken. Amethyst is also found in Uruguay, Siberia, Canada, India, Bolivia, U.S, Argentina, and Zambia.
It can be found in many places and are not unique to that area where they found. The stone is comprised of royal pools all over the world, from ancient Egypt to the British crown jewels.
Amethyst Gemstone Healing Properties
- Amethyst gemstone has immense natural and healing supremacies to help with physical and emotional issues and in energy healing. Some of the significant and major properties of amethyst are given below.
- Amethyst crystal therapies are associated with physical ailments of the nervous system, curing insomnia, and balancing the crown chakra.
- This gem would guard against the anger of passion and encouraged calm, bravery and contemplation.
- It is the birthstone for Pieces and the gemstone for the 6th anniversary of marriage. It is used a dream stone and to help insomnia and relieve headaches.
- It is also known as a protection stone. Egyptians used amethyst guard against guilty and fearful feelings.
- It has long been used to open the spiritual and psychic centers. Amethyst symbolizes piety, humility, sincerity, and wisdom.
- Amethyst is also used as a meditation aid when worn as a necklace, as it has the power to focus energy and healers usually wear several pieces of jewelry.
- The amethyst was soaked with saliva and rubbed on the face to banish pimples and rough, dry skin.
- Amethysts prescribed as a medicine for stomach pains and bad dreams in China. It is also valuable in treating the central nervous system and for the healing of illness of lungs.
- Amethyst stones are also helping people who suffer from a faulty memory.
- It purifies the body and is used in washing the pectoral region and also help to clear ones thinking process.